Guidelines for Podium Presentations
- All the audiovisual equipment required for your talk will be in the room, including a PC computer.
- Oral presentations are allotted 15 minutes each, including time for questions and discussion. As such, presentations should be approximately 10 to 12 minutes long, leaving roughly 3 to 5 minutes for questions and discussion. The session chairperson is responsible for ensuring that all podium presentations are within the predefined time limit.
- Bring your presentation file on a USB device in the morning before presentations or during a break so that we can check that the presentation has not deviated as a result of compatibility issues. In advance, please scan your USB device for viruses. Do not bring your laptop to the podium. A PC will be provided.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- Posters should not exceed 120cm (3'11'') in height and 110 cm (3'7'') in width. All necessary materials for poster display will be provided.
- Poster material should be presented in a clear and logical format. Keep text to a minimum and use graphs or tables to illustrate your message. Titles should be legible 2.5 metres away and viewers should be able to read the text from 1.5 metres distance. Subheadings should be at least 30 point font. Text font should be at least 20 point, though larger font is encouraged.
- The guidelines for student presentations may be found at http://www.capa-acap.net/student-resources/student-paper-awards
- The Oschinsky-McKern Award ($300) is presented to the top podium presentation.
- The Davidson Black Award ($300) is presented to the top poster presentation.
- Single- or multi-authored podium presentations and posters will be considered in the competition, granted the student’s contribution to the project was substantive. The award will go only to the student, not the faculty, and if multiple students were involved, the award will be split among multiple student authors.
- The final version of the paper/poster must be submitted to CAPA2016@trentu.ca no later than 19 Oct 19, 2016 to be considered for either award.